Sunday, March 28, 2010

Aspersa, the Muse of literary criticism

The one advantage of resuming one's academic pursuits at the ripe age of thirty... something, is the ability to meet one's educators on a (more or less) equal footing. In the Perpetual Wonderland that is Dags' life, that translates into 'snarking at random pieces of literature to your evil little heart's content'.

Yes, I have serious issues with authority figures. Isn't that just great? XD


My first foray into the world of formal education after years of abstinence will most likely involve literary criticism - unfortunately, I find myself sorely lacking practice in that particular department (months of articulation comprised of 140 characters or less will do that to you). Yes, I can argue a point like it's nobody's business... but can I really come up with an essay to meet both my own (exacting) standards and those of our lit professor?

Time to call on some outside help, I assume... *clears throat*

Sing Heav'nly Muse, that in the secret Alcove
Of Uni Athenaeum, didst inspire
The Student, who first expounded to the Teaching Breed,
In the Beginning how Characters and Themes
Rose out of Chaos;
I thence
Invoke thy aid to my audacious Thesis,
That with no middle flight intends to soar
Above the
Banovina, while it pursues
Things unattempted yet in Prose or Rhyme.


There. That should suffice for a "passed", correct?





*ignores the sound of Milton turning in his grave. repeatedly.*

No comments:

Post a Comment